It was an night of experimentation. I had a pork loin roast and my new Instant Pot and I didn’t want to create another flop (like that tomato soup…don’t get me started). So I Googled my key words and came across a good-looking recipe from My Natural Family. Included in the recipe was yet another recipe for a strangely named sauce with an even wilder green color.
Like any Culinarian I was curious. The name was strange. The color even stranger. However, the sauce looked easy and versatile (they said you could use pretty much any green herb instead of the basil). I wasn’t in a rush and I didn’t mine the dishes.
So I made it.
Glory be! I LOVED it! For those of you who may be familiar with Chimichurr, forgive my new-found joy for this. My Hubby loved it too (despite the Scary Green appearance). We drizzled it over our pork loin (which also turned out wonderful) and salad and pretty much everything else on our plates! The next day we dolloped some onto our scrambled eggs.
The sauce has a unique zesty spice from the lemon juice & Cayenne while boasting of a fresh smooth feel from the herbs (Cilantro/Parsley) & olive oil. My dietitian’s heart was also happy to consider the well-rounded nutritional qualities as well:
- Herbs: Cilantro and Parsley: Aids in Digestion & supports Liver Detoxification. Antimicrobial. Cholesterol reducer. Anticancer (parsley).
- Lemon Juice: Contains vitamin C which supports immune health & cardiovasuclar system.
- Olive Oil: Full of Antioxidants and anti-inflammatories. Aids with the digestion of fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K)
- Garlic: Aids in Digestion. Anti-inflammatory. Antimicrobial. Arthritis relief. good for Cardiovascular health.
Sound amazing? It is!
Too good to be true? No!
If you are at all curious I encourage you to try this recipe! I have been making double batches lately and am excited to explore the endless possibilities! Enjoy!
Servings: 4 ~*~ Calories: 273 kcal ~*~ Author: My Natural Family
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves, finely packed or parsley or your favorite herb
- 3 ClovesGarlic, peeled
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbl Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the basil pieces are small and even.
- Drizzle on your favorite meat, seafood, eggs – the possibilities are endless!